What to do?

My DD is just over ten months and has a rash type thing on her back. My oldest has eczema (really dry skin) and that's what it looked like so I put on some Eucerin Cream, that's what we use to rid the oldest of it. I did this last night and I looked this evening and it looks likes it's worsen. She has no fever just this rash. Could it be Chicken Pox? If so what do I need to do? If not what else could it be? And how serious is it really either way? I don't remember anything about having the Pox except it was when I was 8.

...and No I haven't changed ANYTHING not detergent, diet, don't really go out in public more than 2 times a week...

It's on her torso and back of her legs only as of now...

watersgirls

Asked by watersgirls at 9:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Health

• with 5ths disease or slapped face disease the face has bright red marks on it. The rash does sound viral to me. Which the rash would follow the virus. If the little one had immunizations there can be a rash after those also. Little ones get so many rashes all the time so it is hard to tell. Prickly heat rash, even a yeast infection rash can be on the torso if the baby had any antibiotics. Could also be an allergy to the soap, which if the baby lays on its back while sleeping or lust laying on a carpet can cause a reaction if allergic to the fibers. I am sure it isn't any thing to worry about but check with the pediatrician to clear any worries that you have.

decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 10:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• do you have dry heat? like a space heater because that really causes the skin to get dry my children get that through the whole entire winter try a humidifier and aveeno baths and lotions. call your dr. tommorrow just in case though
    AmFam5

Answer by AmFam5 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my youngest son broke out in a rash on torso, back and then it spread up to his neck, legs and arms. I took him in and his dr. said he had 5ths disease. This was just a few months ago, he is 1. He didn't have a fever either. I'd call the dr. tomorrow.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 10:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Doesn't sound like chicken pox...but you never know I would stick to calling the Doc, and even though it is unlikely she could have a reaction to Eucerin....My son did...
    PcolaC

Answer by PcolaC at 11:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008