Trying to conceive at 39.

I had a miscarriage in June 2010. After that we tried to get pregnant again but nothing. Did all tests, including sperm count, tested my tubes (not blocked), took fertility drugs. Any advice?

mneta2

Asked by mneta2 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to your Dr. about it. They can tell you where to go from there.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I agree, talk to the doc again, or maybe try to see a specialist. Are you sure you are ovulating? If not, clomid could help (if you haven't already tried). Have you tried charting and opts? I wish I had better advice, but sometimes it just takes time. Don't give up just yet!
    Anonymous

• I hope it works, my only advice would be just relax and think positive thoughts! God bless! (P.S. if you haven't tried it yet, pray!)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Have you tried over the counter ovulation prediction kits? They can help you to see when the key time to ttc is. If it has been a year, talk with your doctor or a fertility specialist and see what they can do to help you. I have suffered two miscarriages.....I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you get some good news soon!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• For many years, I did all the same things you have done including invitro (which did not work) -- I got pregnant when I quit stressing about it and just let it happen. I know that is no comfort at the moment, but I used to cry myself to sleep at night wanting another child -- and it DID eventually happen. So now I have a 4 year-old and a 20 year-old -- see how long it took??? It will happen!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You're not alone! I had my youngest son @ 40! I have 5 all together.
    meatums

Answer by meatums at 2:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I did ovulation prediction testes and also did a progesterone test at the doctor office which came positive. I am ovulating. I was on clomid for 9 months. I was seeing a specialist. The only thing I didn’t try was IV
    mneta2

Comment by mneta2 (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Aside from consulting your doctor about this again, which I seriously think you should do, my advice is to have sex, and a lot of it. I am not being snarky - but if all your tests came back fine - your husband isn't "shooting blanks" and you are ovulating every month, then just have sex everyday, at least during the week you expect to ovulate. I figure the more your have sex, the more your chances are. Forgive me if you are already doing this. If it didn't happen within a few months, I would go back to the doc and discuss your options with possibly more testing and/or IVF. I hope you get pregnant soon! Good luck!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 7:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011