Another celexa question?

I started taking it about a month ago...which i know it takes time to get in your system...well I quit taking it in the morn bc i was getting antsy feelings around 8ish so i started taking em at night now i cant sleep and wake up with a slight antsy feeling...fyi i take em for panic disorder and agoraphobia...anywho...i am on klonopin for my anxiety but am too scared to take them during the day...how does this medicine affect you

suhweetness

Asked by suhweetness at 12:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Health

• I'm currently slowly weaning off of Celexa because I am pregnant (my dr. said I could stay on them, but I am choosing to stop them). So far I am liking the lower dose a lot better than my original dose. I had problems with sleep and feeling antsy too and it's not as bad now. Maybe a change in dosage would help you. Good luck! I hope you can find a solution. : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I took celexa for a few years and it really helped. last month i started taking it again after not being on it for about a year and a half and it made my anxiety worse it seemed! i was very restless and had a lot of other side effects. more than i ever had before. I THINK they say side effects lessen after a while but since I'm not seeing a doctor, i just called in a refill, I just stopped taking them (if i had a regular doctor i would ask them about it but i dont haveone) you shoudl talk to your doctor and see if the side effects will lessen after a while. or maybe they can have you try a different medicene. idk why the side effects affected me differently thsi time, but it was all so much I just wanted to stop taking them.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have been on celexa (citalopram the generic) for 2 years i guess. Prior to that i was on Lexapro for 2 years, but celexa was cheaper. I'm on a 40mg dose after being on 20mg for 18 months. It was ok at first but it's not really working anymore. I never had any side effects or anything from it though.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I used to take celexa and I found it made me feel kinda ansy and restless adn the urge to move a part of my body like tapping my foot or something. It does subside after awhile. If it doesn't get better within the next few weeks go in and tell your doc. One of celexa RARE side effects in the long term can cause a condition called "akathisia". Not as bad as it sounds. Its a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness and a compelling need to be in constant motion as well as by actions such as rocking while standing or sitting, lifting the feet as if marching on the spot and crossing and uncrossing the legs while sitting. But this condition is more common in with people on antipsychotics for mood disorders such as bipolar disorder.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• try Zoloft. i switched to Zoloft from Celexa, soooo much better for my panic attacks and OCD.
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 3:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I was on celexa and took it twice a day I never had any issue myself with it but I did tjink zoloft worked better. If you normally have problems sleeping you seaqul (sp?) Is made to do the same as something like paxil, prozac, zoloft, welbrutrin, celexa, exc. (I've been on abou 8 diffrent ones) only seraqul helps you sleep too.
    usmcangel21611

Answer by usmcangel21611 at 3:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I loved the zoloft just made me sooo tired
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011