Citi Bank Interest increase.

Has anyone else had Citi Bank Increase their interest rate from about 9.9 APR to an 18 APR? I got a notice from them that they were increase my APR and you have the option to opt out, if you do opt out and you balance isnt payed off by the time the card expires they close your account and your reverted back to the higer interest rate. I think its horrible, has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• get that card paid off and get out from under citibank. they are EVIL.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This made news because Citigroup went back on their word to the federal government after they got TWO bailouts. So financial sector gets bailout paid for by the very people they screw over. Oh yeah and they laid off 57K.

This company was also owned right before the collapse the prince of Saudi Arbabia. He seemed to know right when to cash out his stocks and bail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Not with citi bank but with my JCP card (GE Money Bank) I got a letter a few mos ago they were going to up my intrest then last week I got one saying they were going to cut my credit line to whatever my balance was at the time of the letter or $100 which ever was greater. So now I'm just paying it off and not going to use it anymore.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Citibank is EVIL!! Pay it off as soon as possible and NEVER do business with them again.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008