Is anyone still friendly with their ex?

Me and my youngest dad still talk everyday, and we have been seperated for almost a year and a half. We are on friendly terms that when I take my daughter to see him I usually stay too for weeks at a time. Neither one of us has dated anyone else. Me because I just cant go through another relationship bc ours was HELL. He hasnt because he wants to be back together. I feel weird bc we do talk everyday and if I dont talk to him he makes my life kinda miserable. I know he has some issues. The main reason I am friendly with him is bc of our 3 yr old. Is it strange to have this relationship and how do I slowly step away from him without making him go crazy?

krisnroc

Asked by krisnroc at 1:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you are encouraging his behavior. What you both need is a clean break followed with some definitive closure. Tell him you don't see a future and that you both need some 'real'' time apart. Meet him in a public place to hand your kid over for visitation. Do not go to his house or job or hangout with friends that are his friends. Make a clean break. Once he has made some clear signs of moving on than you can try to be friends. A clear sign would be a serious relationship with another woman, going back to school, getting psychiatric help that results in a positive change, or great professional success/career focus. Do this for you both, and try to obtain one of the things on that 'moved on' list for yourself too.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20015088-504083.html

Be careful girl. This guy was my friend. I had a major crush on him in high school and he tried contacting me right before he did this. Scarey to think what could have been. He was a real sweet guy to me too. I'm not saying he is crazy but Just keep your guard up. You never know what will make a person do something. 

myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Thats crazy! He has scared me several times. If im not home when he calls he gets either psycho or depressed. He asks me all these personal questions and then gets mad at me bc I dont answer. I really believe that he is bipolar. So I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around him. We arent even together and I am so tired of feeling this way. Thanks myownhappiness for the advice!
    krisnroc

Comment by krisnroc (original poster) at 2:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You staying at his house for weeks at a time strongly suggests to him you are still interested in a relationship with him. Stop spending so much time with him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I agree with all these answers! I truely do. One reason I do stay is I Love His Family! Some of them are like my best friends. So I guess I should stay with them when I go. But I kinda like hanging out like a family. IDK! I will personally take everyones advice to heart!
    krisnroc

Comment by krisnroc (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• do not get back together. strength should be the first word that comes to mind every morning!!!
    if he actually does do anything over the top be SURE to file a report asap and file a restraining order
    do not underestimate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011