PISSED!

My fiances cousin and his wife found out theyre pregnant the same time we did. My fiance and I had decide on names for both a boy and a girl b4 we knew the sex. Briley Grace and Bricen James. We told them wat we were gunna name our baby when we found out the sex. We found out the same week that we are having a girl and their having a boy. We had decide on Briley Grace and they were going with Braxton Gage. Well she went for her 28 wk ultrasound Thursday and during her 3d/4d scan they found outh they are now having a girl. She had th enerve to text me and seem excited to tell me that theyre Braxton Gage is now a Brilee Ann!
I have never been so heated! My fiance doesnt understand y im so angry but my childs name is special to me and for her to try and say that she came up with the name out of her amd her husbands name totally disgusts me when I no exactly where she got it from and that is from us!
Do you ladies think I have the rite to be upset?

LilMama0620

Asked by LilMama0620 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Baby Names

• Yes!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes you have a reason to be upset! You said it first. This happened to a friend of mine, even though her boy was eight when her sister in law tried to name her baby the same as hers, except for one letter. The 8 yr old is Mayson Allen, and she wantet the babt Caysen Allen. She even took the nickname he has had for 8 yrs. Have you fiancee try to talk to his cousin and next time try not to share too much info with them.
    krisnroc

Answer by krisnroc at 1:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• hell yeah you tell her that too! Tell her what you told us. I hate when ppl do that! Do NOT change your babies name because she took it. Please do not be a door mat!
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i would b beyond pissed too!!!!! thats horrible!!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• O no Im definately not chanigin her name. Mu daughter has ben Briley since day 1 and she will stay Briley! Krisnroc, sharing too much information never seemed to be a problem. hen we all first found out we were pregnant, we got super close and had planned on our kids bein raised close. Now I want NOTHING to do with either of them. I feel like they have completely disrespected my fiance and I. And no e hasnt said anything to his cousin he thinks Im just overexaggeratin which makes me even more mad to know that our daughters name, which he picked out, doesnt matter to him!
    LilMama0620

Comment by LilMama0620 (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• NO. Lots of kids have the same names. If she likes ithe name so well, then she's a copycat with no imagination of her own, but she can name her baby after your child. What's wrong with that? I'd let it go, hon, but don't change your plan to give the name to your child. It was your baby's name first.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Men are so weird. They don't get heated about things they should and get heated about stupid things like sports ugh! Well you stick up for yourself! :) Glad to hear your DD will be named Briley :)
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I really don't see a problem with cousins both named Briley. What's the big deal?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes.. I would have been soo mad as well.. Don't let what shes doing make you change your baby's name you said its special to you so dont let anything or anyone make it so its not.. Good luck momma
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Shes due days b4 me and although people know we had the name first, if she has her daughter b4 I have ours and she does use our name then people will think that we r the copycats. And thank you "myownhappiness".
    Something else when I politely reminded her that we r naming our daughter Briley all she had to say was, "Yea we know!" How rude?!
    LilMama0620

Comment by LilMama0620 (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2011