what do i do when cps gets involved because of a vendictive person called one 2 people 2 counts of nelegact supervision on both people live on same property but different houses etc?

Basic I am in a court battle with my daughter, she has so many men in an out her life and lives in IA and I live in TX with my grand daughter who I raised, mother left year ago, called 3 times, paid child support 1 time, no visits, wanted to take her for entire summer i files court for modification of custody order for my grand daughters safety. Went to court , judge aloud her 2 visit , first 1 today child is 3 yrs, wanted nothing to do with her and wanted to go home, 3 hrs after visit cps called, said there were 2 accounts for me and my other daughter who lives on my property in her own house with her 7 month & pregnant & she watches her niece as well, charges was nelegectful supervision, my daughter in TN was names a character wittness and it was anynomous but they had full names of us and kids , number, addresses and of my daughter in TN, it points right to my the mother of my grand daughter, what do I do?

maryjo222

Asked by maryjo222 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• call a lawyer!
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 2:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• first of all just breathe. Call your lawyer/court and talk to them about what is going on. If CPS was called you should have a case worker you can talk to. Get a hold of them and find out all you can. Keep in mind there have only been two accounts, they may ask to have someone do a home-study and you might be asked to talk to a psychologist. . . be compliant!!! and don't fret. You have done nothing wrong. Make sure you get copies of everything and again talk to your lawyer/court and social worker. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Nothing CPS won't do anything unless there's actual neglect ....if you have nothing to hide then let them have their investigation ....and once everything gets checked out which it will be if everythings found to be okay you can have the investigation dropped and the person who reported can get introuble for providing false information
    Anastacia1988

Answer by Anastacia1988 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• actually going through the same thing. hubbys baby momma has called twice on us. him for nutrition and me for neglect of my kids. o and because i didnt take them to a bday party for a kid they ddnt know. i know i dont have anything to worry about still upsets me though. but i just let them do their investigation and let it continously pile up and eventually she will get in trouble for false reports. if you have nothing to worry about then dont. let them do their thing and laugh in their face when nothin is done to you. o and just for extra laughs when she called on hubby it backfired in her face. she didnt expect them to check her out and while we were all squared away on our end. she wasnt and now shes looking at parenting classes and nutrition classes. and when we go back to court the cps worker will be supeaned.(however you spell it) to testify. so karma does come back around. keep your head up
    jbalchmommyof3

Answer by jbalchmommyof3 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I hope you keep documentation of everything. Try and take a deep breath, and just take it step by step. First step is to contact a lawyer.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Document and get legal representation.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Don't panic. Although it's pretty devastating, my ex's ex did the same thing to us. They have to prove the allegations before they will do anything. They will also take into account who called and their reasons behind it. And if you were here, you would have nothing to worry about. My step-daughter lives with a woman who was drug tested the first time CPS was there and failed. She allowed a 24 year old man who was my step-daughters boyfriend to live in the same bedroom with her. She has no rules and doesn't know where she is and a lot more. And they told me that they have approved the house. It was clean and there was no drugs sitting out.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Nothing. My ex did the same thing - twice! No problems, we met with CPS, they talked to my kids, talked to us and then realized the claims were false and closed the case.

Answer by missanc at 8:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• thank you for all your replys we are trying to reach our lawyer but it being the weekend not much to do, the only problem we fear even through the places are clean and organized it the homes we live in. We feel it will be frowned up on b/c it is not a house or trailer.
    I live with my grand daughter in a oil flied RV that I bought when I first bought the property, she has her on bed there is sink, electric, toliet, shower, I have my bed. Its small but good for us. We aren't suffering, I got the septic in back in Jan. the wires to the rv from the electric box are along the ground but they are not bare , they have thick coating but today they will be burried. It was just the matter of time to get money to pay someone to do it. We plan to build like a giant room with a section for my granddaughter so she has her own room and a shower house. Now for my other daughter who lives on my property she lives w/ her 7 month and BF in a
    maryjo222

Comment by maryjo222 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• my daughter lives in a build , its like one of those would sheds look like barns has a loft up stairs, they are making it into a lil house and plan to add to it also. The kids have their own beds, there is a toliet and a sink, with small refrig. Its really like an outside room she renting cause we all eat today and basically all sitting outside together.... Its been a slow process getting things done on property I work 40 hrs plus to support everyone and her bf has tried finding work but is not finding any but he has been building swings and benches etc from cutting down tree and bamboo, going to flea market every sunday to keep up.... So what is ur advice here...
    maryjo222

Comment by maryjo222 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2011