Tell me your water breaking story...

I was pregnant with my second child who was going to be a VBAC delivery. Dh had just gotten home from work and was showering, dr had called to say she was home from vacation and checking up on me and I was talking to my friend asking q's about her water breaking, seeing as I had never experienced it before. That's when it broke! The timing was perfect!!!
Third pregnancy they broke it in the hospital just second before I delivered my dd. Dh said it was like a damn breaking, dr had her hands up because it came gushing out. Lovely, thanks for that dear!
Fourth pregnancy I was 38 weeks and walking back to the couch to park my large tired behind after making sure ds did not have a hockey game that evening and I felt some wetness and hightailed it to the bathroom yelling to dh to call the dr, MY WATER BROKE!!

Crazyness, what's your water breaking stories?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 2:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I woke up around 5AM thinking I had peed the bed. I was mortified, and I cleaned it up and went back to bed. All day, I was "peeing" uncontrollably, and so embarrassed about it! Never dawned on me that it might be my water!! We even went to walk at the mall for our daily "labor jump-start" walk! I was soaked by the time we got home, and totally mortified. Finally around 7PM, it started turning pink, so I sniffed it (yes, I know, but it smells different from urine). Sure enough, amniotic fluid. So I called L&D and told them I thought my water had broken. We were totally in denial, didn't even bring "the" bag to the hospital! Just brought magazines to keep us amused until they sent us home like the last time! Things were different this time, more fuss, more procedures, so we finally asked, "So didn my water break??" We finally got confirmation, and DH went home to get the bag while I sent out a mass-text. :-)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I had finished eating hot cheetos and we were going to costco with my mom when i bent down to get a water bottle my water broke i did not know it was my water breaking until i realized it would not stop lol.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• All of mine broke in the hospital. For the first I was induced and maybe about thirty minutes before the baby started crowning the nurse came in to check me and soon as she barely got her fingers in she pulled back real quick but it was too late she broke my water. For the second he was completely natural, I barely got to the hospital in time, no doctor or IV, and during a contraction my water busted, I think I hit the nurse unfortunately. For the third I was induced again because the doctor wanted to be there and the doctor had to break the bag, baby was already crowning but the bag wouldn't break.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2011