well..

alright so my SO tells me today that he feels like he need to do the "single thing" wtf does that mean? run around messing around with other girls?? uhhg..

what am i suppose to tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• 2 F OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 10:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Tell him..okay but never, ever expect to get back with me...That's not how crap works..
    Anonymous

• Tell him that if that's what he wants then okay, but that it doesn't mean that you're going to be waiting for him to come back and don't be. I think it means they want to date someone else without feeling guilty.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Tell him you feel the same way, see what kind of reaction that gets!
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 10:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would ask him what it means. If you are ok with it or not? Would he like it if you wanted the same thing? I, myself would not want to waist my time on a non-committed relationship. Each person is special enough to be taken and treated seriously.
    lovewing

Answer by lovewing at 10:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• At least you're not married to him yet. Best he shows his true colors now instead of after everything is legal. I know it hurts, but I agree with the ladies above me. If he wants to be single, you should be too...with all that goes with it. Don't take him back when he realizes that the pasture isn't always greener across the fence either.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Walk away. Say nothing. Silence will leave him thinking and if he truly loves you, it will drive him crazy not knowing what you are doing. Let him fall apart on his own. You don't need that.
    Anonymous

• Are you married and do you have children? If yes to either then tell him he gave up that option already. If he wants to pursue it it's going to cost him dearly. If the answer to both is no then tell him to hit the road and be grateful you didn't marry or have kids with him.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• tell him he can be single all he wants but you're not going to be his rebound girl for when he gets bored of it!
    Wanting to do the "single thing" means he wants "permission" to cheat on you and not feel guilty afterward so i would dump him fast!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I'd tell him, "Buh-bye. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass!" Seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2008