labor

this is my frist child. i just turned 18, and im scared i woulnt know im in labor.how will i know my babys comeing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• believe me you'll know when your babys coming
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i didn't know i was in labor, but there was no harm done. i worried like you too (was 19), but even though I didn't know it was labor, it just meant more time being home and being comfortable.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I had my first baby when I was 21 and what really helped me get over being scared was researching everything I could about pregnancy and birth. Check out Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. That book really helped reassure me that birth was a normal, natural part of life and not something to worry about. :) Oh, and you'll know when the baby is coming. If you're not sure, the baby isn't coming. ;)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was 17 with my first.
    My first clue...my water broke.
    Before that i had notone contraction not one braxston hicks nothing.
    Anonymous

• i didn't know, my mom told me i was in labor :P
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Everyone said I would know too(had my first just after turning 20) and thats not true. When I went into labor I though I just had to take a bad poop! I was in labor about an hour and a half before I realized I was in labor!!! You know what braxton hicks are right? They are "practice" contractions and can start as early as 4-5 months. You can make those stop by changing positions and stuff, when it's a real contraction, you can't make is stop by changing positions or anything. The pain comes and goes, start timing it when it does. It really feels like really really bad cramps in your lower abdomen that feel like you really really have to poop. Sometimes your lower back will hurt.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I like how Rachell9503 put it. I would also say that I took a shower and it stop the contractions, and my water broke. You might want to call someone over to keep an eye on the timing of the contractions. If you can find a birthing partner- your local hospital should have classes.
    lovewing

Answer by lovewing at 11:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Both of my babies were sunny side up so all of my labor was in my back. So I KNEW when I was in labor! haha
    I sure envy those that didn't know....
    Good luck
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 11:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008