toddlers and manners

my daughter is 2 1/2. she says please thank you your welcome. she also kisses us better (naawwww) and is a very polite young girl. she never chucks tanties in the supermarket, and is always done what shes told. is this completley normal for her age or what?

Morganna B.

Asked by Morganna B. at 5:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If that is what she is taught. That is how mine are.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Children at that age are like sponges, in other words they absorb whatever information they see, hear or whatever. I know of a little boy roughly the same age as your daughter that does what your LO does and the little lad also says "bless you" when someone sneezes as this is what he is used to hearing others say. His slightly older sister was about 2 1/2 when she started using the words "first, second, third" etc. That was because her older siblings used those words to signify the order they had each finished a meal lol.
    CreativityGirl

Answer by CreativityGirl at 6:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I don't think it's normal these days..bit if you teach your child manners, they will use them. My Son has had perfect manners since even before He could talk (He would sign please and thank you until He could say them). He turns 4 soon and is THE most polite Child you will EVER meet - saying please and thank you is just the beginning! He also says excuse me when necessary, sir/ma'am, covers His mouth/nose when He coughs/sneezes, gives everyone compliments, etc etc. He is amazing and I am SO beyond proud!
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 7:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Children live what they learn. They absorb all these polite attitudes if politeness is shown to them. Like Creativity said....they are like sponges. Good job, Mom!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:33 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It' all depends on the parent. Evidently, you have been a great one. Mine it's only 15 months and she says thank you and please. They learn if we take the time to teach them.

xnegritalindax

Answer by xnegritalindax at 7:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Normal, or not, what a great reflection on you and her father! It is VERY unusual to see kids, especially that young, with MANNERS these days. So, kudos to you and your husband. It is nice to know there are still parents in the world who obviously were taught well by their parents, and are handing manners down another generation! I am still trying to instill manners into my husband's eight yo son. I still have to remind him of the yes ma'am, thank you ma'am....and PLEASE, the magic word!
    Lynda-Lou

Answer by Lynda-Lou at 8:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2011