Can I get pregnancy medicaid even though I'm on my husband's regular insurance?

After 20 weeks of no co pays and only paying the premium, we get a notice from our OB that my prenatal cost after what insurance covers will be about $1700 and that doesn't include the hospital bill or ultrasounds. They say this has to be paid before 28 weeks. We can't afford it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• doesn't hurt to apply...I think you can and then use it to cover what your insurance doesn't cover. They ask you if you have insurance on the applicartions so just be honest.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Actually YES you can. I had hubby's insurance and medicaid. Go apply and see what they tell you. However do it quickly because it takes a good month or so for approval.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• if u qualify then yes u should be able to receive medicaid although u are on your husband's insurance.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 7:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• DD has both our family coverage as well as Medicaid, but she qualifies for Medicaid due to being disabled. It can't hurt to apply. I'd also see if your doctor has a payment plan that can extend out the cost. Another practice or a midwife might have a better financial deal.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• it just depends on income ..yes it is very possible to get it..i have regular insurance and i also qualify for medicade and what ever my insurance doesnt cover medicade picks up..i do have some co pays on perscriptions i pay 3 dollars for generic and 10 for name brand
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes you can. When my son was born 2 months early, we had my husband insurance(bc/bs) and the social worker suggested we apply for medicaid. So we did and we were approved. And it helped ALOT. Just try and see
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2011