is gloved diper changing ok

nursebaby2

Asked by nursebaby2 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I assume you mean using latex gloves. It wont hurt the baby. It gives you a barrier between you and the stink. If you can afford it and it gives you peace of mind go for it. I personally just wash my hands w/ soap every time and keep hand sanitizer in my diaper bag
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• the only concern i can think of is many gloves have a powder inside to make it easier to put them on. avoid letting that dust get into baby's face (like you would with any dusty product, including baby powder) and it should be ok. just watch to see if baby seems allergic to the gloves. latex allergies are rather common.
    Shathariel

Answer by Shathariel at 10:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• This is common practice in Childcare Facilities so it's more than safe. If you are afraid the child may be allergic to latex buy the latex free gloves. I will not change or toilet one child w/o gloves...heck I wont even touch meat w/o gloves on...plus there isnt a chance of getting poo/pee under your nails and not getting it all washed off and infecting yourself
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 10:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2008