Do you have any work pet peeves?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 7:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, when people show up for an interview and bring someone with them! So unprofessional! Most of the time we reschedule them and tell them to come by themselves.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My pet peeve is when people act like they do so much when in reality they don't do anything but talk a good game.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• too much gossip at the work place
    tattle tales
    people who don't pull their weight
    people who show up to work with dirty uniforms
    people who expect a pat on the back for doing their job
    people who are always late
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I work in a private home, and my biggest complaint is that my boss is flaky. My hours are never consistent, and she's constantly changing her mind about things. Some days she'll tell me she'll be home at a certain time, then call 5 minutes before she's due home and tell me she hasn't left yet. I understand if you got hung up, but if you knew BEFORE you were supposed to leave that you weren't going to get out of there on time, you should have called sooner. It drives me up the wall when you're looking forward to going home in 5 minutes, only to be told that you're going to be stuck there for another hour.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• People who complain how bad their job is when they haven't been here for very long. Sheesh, quit then but good luck finding another one in this economy.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• When my stapler and tape dispenser and pens magically walk away, we have this guy who brags about himself all day everyday...so annoying like shut up
    gossip
    ppl thinking they are more important than what they really are
    Ppl who snitch
    kiss asses
    ppl who don't know how to stfu
    This is what i deal with at wrk....i can go on lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Bosses pets! Ones who shove their noses so far up the a$$ of the boss that they get what they want, when they want, handed to them on a silver platter! That really burns me!!!!!!!!!
    babygrlsmommy

Answer by babygrlsmommy at 4:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Being micromanaged.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2011