I need cloth diaper help, please.

I use GDiapers. I bought a whole bunch of them and I don't have the money to change brands. That being said, GDiapers are horrible with poop. The cloth inserts gets squeezed together between her legs and when she poops the poop not only gets on the cloth insert, but on the snap in liner. However, worse than that is the fact that lately her poop has been squished onto her diaper. It makes it very hard to get the poop out. I can't just dump it off into the toilet. It gets all over the cloth insert. I don't know how to get the poop out and I have been resorting to using disposables simply because they are much easier to clean up. I have read about diaper sprayers and all of the reviews state that they end up leaking. I have no idea how to clean up the poop off the diaper. Help? I don't want to use disposables, and I'm pregnant and plan on using FuzziBunz for my next baby. But, how to get the squished poop off of her diaper without swishing the whole thing in the toilet. That just seems disgusting.

CaptivatedByGod

Asked by CaptivatedByGod at 8:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use a Kushies insert which can be thrown away. You cut the length you want and put on top of the rest of the diaper. I has helped alot. we dont have Gdiapers so Im not sure how your are made. but I have all-in-ones and its best way I found to keep them nice and not have a battle with poop.

Other people have a poop scoop with a spatula designated for the use.
    TheSugarComa

Answer by TheSugarComa at 8:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• They do sell diaper speakers online and at babies r us. Dd had this problem the 2 months she started to transition to more food. Flushable inserts are great for poo and a lot of them can be washed and reused if they were only peed on. Flushables can clog up your toilet tho.

Are you a member of the "cloth diapering mamas" group on here- the ladies can really help you out. Also, CDs sell on e bay for a pretty good price. If you want to switch diaper brands w out a huge loss, try posting them on eBay or Craigslist. Hope this helps:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I haven't had that issue yet with cloth. My toddlers poop isn't sticky, and my newborns poop just washes out. But i agree with the previous answer. Go check out the cloth diapering groups. They are a wealth of info!!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• haha. I was just re-reading my answer. I didn't mean diaper "speakers" I meant diaper "LINERS"... sorry:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I use BumGenius one size cloth diapers, I had the same problem when I first starded too. I wasted money on a sprayer and it was a even bigger wet mess. What I did was go to the fabric store and bought white polyseter flannel. It is the same exact fleece material that BumGenius diapers are lined with. I cut the fabric into strips that cover the inside of the diaper. If my son pooped and it was really messy then I would lift it out and flush it, if he pooped and it was solid then I just shook the poop into the toilet and washed the fabric strip with the diaper and reused it. This works awesome and the diapers stay clean. You have to use polyester flannel, cotton flannel holds moisture and will cause rashes. This is way cheaper than buying disposable inserts.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I've used my diaper sprayer for four years, put it on 5 different toilets and it has NEVER leaked. As for the G-diapers, I hate them. I would just start buying some prefold diapers (usually less than $2 a piece) and a couple Snappis and putting them on baby and just use the g-diaper without the snap-in liner as a cover. Until you can afford better covers, just fold the prefold and put it in the g-diaper, or fold the prefold and put it in the snap in liner. , then when you can afford the new covers, get thirsties covers. They're usually about $10.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 7:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Why do you hate gdiapers? I mean, I use them and though they aren't the greatest diaper I've used, they aren't too bad. I have used prefolds with them before. I do not like doing that because it is way too bulky inbetween her legs. My favorite diaper is fuzzibunz and with my next baby I plan on buying more of those. But seriously, she's 15 months old. I have 18 cloth inserts, 6 little gpants with extra snap in liners. I plan on potty training her soon. She is ready to potty train. Meaning that she will sit on the toilet and she has gone on the toilet before. I just don't know if it's really worth it to use a whole different system at this point. Though, I can definitely see your point. I've heard of a lot of moms who say that Gdiapers are a hassle and they prefer other types. Silly me...I should have purchased fuzzibunz instaed of Gdiapers.
    CaptivatedByGod

Comment by CaptivatedByGod (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2011