Do you break down first?

when you and you SO/DH get in a really heated arguement and you guys stop talking for a while are you the first one to apologize even if he was the one to cause the arguement?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• oh i thought u meant break down as in get emotional and/or cry. if so thats me. to say sorry, thats me too. my hubby lives in his own lil world and the word sorry isn't in his vocabulary. so i stop saying it to annoy him. men...
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• no. i usually don't apologize 1st.. i'm kinda stubborn like that.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• if I was in the wrong then yeah I do but if not he does.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:51 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I don't apologize, we argue about stupid stuff, I'm usually the first to end the arguement by saying it' pointless to argue and I walk away. It takes 2 to argue.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No. I will have anxiety attacks trying to get the courage up to apologize. While talking myself into apologizing he ends up coming to me and I miss out. It means so much to him when I apologize first.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• yup, bc I don't like all that tension. Even if it's not my fault. What's important to me is the peace and the make up sex!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He refuses to argue. So I just wait until he is done being all stubborn and then we act like nothing happened :) 11 years and probably only 2 heated arguments.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'm the first to crack every time. He's stubborn and I"m not and I hate when I've calmed down and ther'es tension in the air. So after seperating ourselves for an hour or so, I come back and we talk more calmly about it. Usually that's how it works anyways.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• no, apologies are usually pretty mutual, or often we just let to go for the most part.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No, probably why things don't get settled most of the time, and brought back up later.
    Anonymous