NOT A QUESTION, BUT PLEASE READ

I know that it is summer time and kids like to go play outside and ride on their bikes. We had a scare last night. My uncle was riding his bike(working out) and got hit by car. He is okay! Thank God that he was wearing a helmet. He only have bruises and soreness. His helmet was cracked open though. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR KIDS WEAR THEIR HELMETS AND OTHER PROTECTIVE GEAR. I would hate to think what would have happened if he was wasn't this.
Thanks Ladies

Please keep this going

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I completely agree. And it's not just in case they get hit, it's also in case they fall. My one son fell off of his bike and hit the curb. There was a huge dent in his helmet from where his head hit the curb. That could have been his head! Both of my older boys used to complain about me making them wear a helmet when other parents didn't make their friends wear them, but after they saw that helmet and realized it could have been the head instead, neither one of them argued about it again.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'm so glad to hear your uncle is ok, it must have been quite a scare for all the family. My rule for my kids and bikes is plain and simple - no helmet=no bike. They know that I won't let them even consider using their bikes if they won't wear their helmet. I had a couple of people criticise me for insisting on the safety aspect but I just stick to my guns - at the end of the day, my kids safety comes before anyone's ignorant opinion.
    CreativityGirl

Answer by CreativityGirl at 9:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• The school just recently gave out coupons for free bike helmets and we went and got dd's the other day. It's a really pretty pink one and we insisit she wear it.
    Great your Uncle was wearing one and he's ok.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Praying he is ok.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• wow!! thats great that he's alright!!! my ds is 3 right now but as soon as he gets a bike, he'll be getting a helmet. none of the other kids in the apartmens that we live in wear one but my kid will!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I like them to wear there gear all the time. I also set out orange cones to let them know this is how far and you can't go past. its work great for me and them. they know their boundaries
    Michelle_kate

Answer by Michelle_kate at 10:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My son hates his helmet, and it is a constant battle to get him to wear it,, but we stick to our guns, have taken the bikd away several times, and refuse to let him on it without it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Thank God your uncle is alright! You are so right about helmets! My son skateboards, and that is a requirement at the skate park, helmets.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• That why helmets are law my kids always wear them
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Im glad to hear that your uncle is ok.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2011