What are some easy ways to potty train a boy?

I_Majors19

Asked by I_Majors19 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put a cheerio in the toilet and tell them to aim for it
    jbalchmommyof3

Answer by jbalchmommyof3 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My son was "lazy" when he had a diaper or training pants on. So what I did was have him run around nude and sent him to the bathroom every 15 minutes to start. Then I'd increase the time in 5 minute increments. I did this when he was 3, but then that was when he was ready to do it.
    LuvMyAspie

Answer by LuvMyAspie at 10:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• if you live in the country let go behind the trees just make sure there is no close neighbor that for peeing only and the #2 idk been to many years to recall what i did for that.
    genia1975

Answer by genia1975 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I agree with jbalch! I saw your in the 1-2 age range,, for me that was too early with a boy, he was frustrated and so was I, if you wait closer to 3 you will probably have an easier time of it,, we did it in a weekend at 1 month shy of 3!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:55 AM on Jun. 4, 2011