How do you respond to hubby saying i feel like im going to die soon?

My hubby told me last nite he had a dream he was watching tv with someone who was just waiting to die and relied the person was him wtf so he's telling me make sure the life ins is in tact cause he feels like he is going to die tragically in our house and he tells me its because we have to much nice stuff he thinks some one is going to come in our house and rob us and he's going to die by protecting us where is this coming from? I told him we should go to the Dr now he thinks I'm taking this as a joke I am worried where all this is coming from please help what should I do

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd tell him it was just a dream. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You should always have life insurance ready just in case, especially w/kids.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I also wouldn't treat it as a joke. Have him get a checkup. He may have some underlying symptom that worries him just the tiniest bit during the day but comes out in force at night. Or he may have seen a TV show where the dad died, etc, but I would have him checked over. - cholesterol, BP, etc.

Answer by Bmat at 10:16 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Tell him it's good luck to dream that you die. It means that your opening a new chapter in your life for the better & putting behind you things that made you unhappy. This is a common dream. If he is acting odd in other ways, maybe he should see a Dr. for nerves.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• being that i've had horrible dreams that came true... I'd install an alarm system and make sure that for your husbands peace of mind that everything is in order... it cant hurt and will go along way in helping to reassure him that he's doing everything he can to protect and provide for you and your family...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I agree I would start with the dr. I wouldn't treat this as a joke. Then as we all know dreams come in all forms some mean nothing while others maybe leading to something. He has something on his mind you can be sure of that if he is dreaming.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Being a person who has many hallucinations while sleeping I have come to not take any dream very seriously. My husband seeing what I have been through, I doubt he would take that dream seriously. BUT if my husband did take it seriously then I would take it seriously along with him. I think things would be sadder if I didn't take him seriously then for me to play along and take him seriously, kwim?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• "I told him we should go to the Dr now he thinks I'm taking this as a joke I am worried where all this is coming from please help what should I do"

I can see you were NOT taking this like a joke and getting him a check up is a great idea. Maybe you and he can make sure your home is secure and they both of you can get health check ups. Perhaps he is just feeling insecure and a lil depressed. Being proactive can help that. Best wishes.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He may be picking up on some subliminal cues, you should take all measures to protect your family and property. Additionally, he should have a full checkup. No reason not to be proactive ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Tell him dreams about dying mean good luck. Guys take things too literal

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Oh my gosh I have dreams where I die and it freaks me out for days afterwards! Eventually the feeling wheres off. I'm sure the intensity if the dream will wear off and he'll be back to his old self.

With that being said, I think it's a good idea to have things lined up. You never know when you'll die, better to have insurance and wills taken care of now before anything happens.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2011