Meals for family of 3?

My older 3 kids are going to be going to their dad's for a couple weeks this summer so I'm looking for some meals for me, my husband, and our 2 yo (and 10 month old). I'm so used to cooking for a large crowd (my older kids are 9, 11, and 13, plus my 13 yo's one on one adult worker) that I can't think of what to fix for just the 3 of us!

Asked by missanc at 10:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I cook for a family of five and I just cook regular meals. But I would just cook things like before but cut the meal in half and should be fine. I do things like pizza, breakfast night, tv dinners, sandwich night, meatloaf, hamburgers, manwich, fruit salads, mashed or baked or cubed pts, fries, mac and cheese, vegs, rolls to spread out the meal when smaller meals, for chicken or pork chops I only do about 3-4, or if make to much like I do sometimes can freeze it for later or have leftover night where everything comes out and everyone gets whatever they want, hot dogs,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Just cut the portions to a smaller size. I only have cooked for 3 for 9 years now you will adjust. I cook things like chicken salad, pizza, hamburgers, Ravioli, you can do spaghetti, meat loaf, all the things you normally do or since you won't have to spend so much in the grocery budget get steak and shrimp things you'd like to have but can't afford with all the older kids in the house.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I usually just cut the recipes in half when mine go for the summer.

Answer by gemgem at 10:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• just make for 4 and then you have lunch for the next couple of days.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011