Bio mom is going crazy...

So we have custody of ss and dirt ask for support back in Dec she took us to court she filed for custody back along with support modification if she got him well she was denied custody but custody and support are different dept of the courts and the support div processed the mod ordering her to pay support now she's going nuts cz she can't afford 235 a month but its her stupid fault for jumping the gun on paperwork now she's crying she wants him back well absoutly not we r supposed to give him back cz she has to pay? O ok so let him go back and live poorly and not be cared for so we pay support and not her she said she can afford him if he lived there... cz she would get more assistance from the state. I'm not stupid and I say that's what she gets am I wrong?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• HAHA. That is what my son's BM tried. When he was born she didn't want support because her family didn't want my hubby to have anything to do with him. When we found out that she wasn't taking care of him she decided she wanted child support. She was laughed out of court and the judge BEGGED my hubby to take his son. SHE WAS CRAZY PERSON. And very unfit to care for a houseplant much less a child! She OD'd and died and I adopted him so, she nor child support is an issue.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:36 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Is anybody thinking about what's best for the child? Or is everybody just worried about money?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Call me crazy but as a biomom I sure wouldnt want to be put down or called crazy by someone who is my sons step mom. I would try and see if you can find a mediator and work with her. A mediator can sit down with all of you and put down the facts of the case and work up what is best for the child, not her, not you, not anyone else. If she cant afford the support, she cant afford it. You cant get blood from a rock as my grandma used to say. I have been there done that with my ex husbands and finally just stopped fighting about it. It took so much of my time and energy and for what? Nothing. I never got shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• If the courts decided he should live with you then I wouldn't stress about it. Just make sure you are being the best parents and then she'll never get him back.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• nope... ima bump that just cz thats what i say bout my so's ex... crazy...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• In our state if they don't pay they get their license revoked and can go to jail if they don't pay.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I guess you have to ask yourself then, is it best for him not to be with her? How does he feel? Does he ask to see her? If she is totally crazy, then I would have no problem keeping him away from her.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I raised my step sons as their bio mother did not want them. I stood by and listened to her take all the credit for how well her children turned out as adults when she had nothing to do with it. I have my opinions about her, but I always keep them to myself as she IS the bio mom and without her they wouldn't exist. Being a step parent who is raising the step child is very difficult, but one part of that is being as respectful to the bio mom as you can be. Bashing the bio mom just give step mothers a bad name all around.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• nope if she couldnt supprot him whiel she had him she not going to be able to now hold tight toss he is in good hands!!!
    budda646

Answer by budda646 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes me and my hubby have always been concerned with what's best for him and as I said in my post we never asked for $ she couldn't take care of him so she signed him to us last year willingly we have taught him more in 1 year than she did in 6 years educational hygiene manners etc so yes he is our main focal point I am financially well off and have supported him always and quite frankly I don't care that she has to pay she should stop having kids that she can't support and that money will go in his account for him I don't need it!! Like I said if she wasn't so ignorant with the paperwork this wouldn't have happened she did it to herself.
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2011