Put the carseat in the middle or behind passenger seat?

Right now we have our 2 year old in a forward facing seat in the middle of the backseat. I had a co-worker recommend 8 put the seat behind the passenger seat because its much less dangerous for head on collisions and we also have side airbags. I looked up a forum and it recommends the middle, but 8 wanted to get some feedback from other moms, what do you think?

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Keep it in the middle as long as you can. I moved mine to the passenger side when I started having back pains.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We put our 2 yr old in the middle. Always have. I was just thinking if someone hits us from the side he'll be safer.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• here ya ladies go... http://pediatrics.about.com/od/yourbabyweekbyweek/ss/baby_wk_eleven_3.htm
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I've always heard that middle seat is best. Of course, you want whichever seat the the car seat fits properly into. But when we had cars that had middle seats in the back, that's always where DD's seat was. We have a mini van now and the middle row is bucket seats. I don't like putting her in the third row, because then I can't reach her if she's having issues. (she has carsick issues) I also like having the third row free to stow if I need more room. So she rides in the driver's side passenger seat in the middle row because it's easier to help her get in and out that way. Though when the new baby comes, I might move her to the passenger side, since she's able to buckle herself now. (she's almost 5, and rides in a high back booster with the seat belt. The booster has a seat belt positioner that puts the belt in the proper spot for her shoulders.)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Middle. Had my daughter been on the side, she would've had a head injury.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Middle seat is best
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2011