Chicken and Dumplings

Does anyone have a good chicken and dumplings recipe? Thank you!

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i boil my chicken with bell pepper, bullion cubes, celery, onion, bay leaves, and other seasonings. after the chicken is cooked i remove it from the broth. I add half a can of chicken soup to the broth and stir til blended. for the dumplins i use bisquick. I just mix as instructed and drop spoon sized dumplins on top of he broth. DELISH!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 2:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Ever tried Mary B's dumplings? They are homemade frozen and delicious !
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I pride my self on my cooking, but have never made a good dumpling from scratch,, I make noodles, but not dumplings, for some reason mine always taste chewy,, hope someone can give us a good recipie,, I have used ream's dumplings and they are great!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I boil my chicken breast in chicken broth, and when done, take it out and let it cool slightly before cutting into bite-sized cubes.

I use Bisquick. Mix with water (I eyeball, if you've ever made biscuits, that's the consistency you're going for - not too dry, but not so wet you can't get it to roll), roll out to 1/4" thick using flour as needed to prevent sticking, and cut into 1"x1" squares using a pizza cutter. Drop into boiling chicken broth. Drop a few at a time in different areas of your pot so that they don't clump together in a big mess. Gently boil for approx 10 minutes, testing a dumpling to check for doneness. You can then stir back in the cooked chicken breast, or, do as I do - put a good-sized portion in the bottom of each bowl and ladle the broth/dumpling mixture on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Albaston is right on, though I leave out the onions, and sometimes add some finely shredded carrots to sneak in a veggie. Even canned biscuits cut in half will work for dumplings if you're in a hurry, though bisquick (spoon dropped-not strips) is better.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Just thught about it ,lol they may just be sold down south?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• * thought
    harris4

• Thanks ladies! I know what we're having for dinner tonight!
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011