What is the crazy thing you dog ever ate?

My little min pin loves to eat blankets. His blanket looks like a giant slice of Swiss cheese or like a giant moth attacked it.

RedDahlia82

Asked by RedDahlia82 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pets

• My underware... more than once. But he got realy sick (hosp. w/ i.v. fluids) when he ate a dirty diaper that the stupid neighbors left out in the grass (they haven't done it since!).
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 11:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• A battery.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My dog ate a whole bag of Hershey Kisses, including the multi-colored foil wrappers. When she went outside to poop, you could see the colored foil in her poop--all pretty and shiny! It was nasty!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• OMG a battery? That is crazy!
    RedDahlia82

Comment by RedDahlia82 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yep, he chewed open the remote while I was in the shower. I could only find one battery. He vomited it up later and luckily didn't have any damage to his stomach. The same dog also ate rocks and a walnut shell when he was a puppy. Spent lots of money at the vet trying to figure out why he always pooped blood.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• A multi-vitamin that had fallen on the floor somehow....they scarfed it up before we could get it out of her mouth. I don't think she felt too good the rest of the day, Lol.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:35 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Over the years, mine have eaten two sofas, one loveseat, spindles from the deck railing, a battery, several permanent markers, half of a chocolate cake, and a box of crayons (different dogs, different ages, depended on where/when I was at work). I will say that I don't particularly miss coming home to find the living room a foot deep in shredded foam ... or the frantic call to poison control over the battery ... but the crayons made for some colorful cleanup lol. Labs are true garbage guts. I'm glad that mine managed to squeak by with no surgery (and one still growls at peroxide bottles) and eventually grew out of trying to eat the house :-)
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My dog ate her bed once overnight back when she used to sleep in her kennel. Hundreds of dollars and three days later, she was okay.
    LillyJD

Answer by LillyJD at 9:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Mine like underwear also which is so dangerous. UGH Also, we are battling feces eating with one of our dogs due to stress. Not fun.
    jandshyne

Answer by jandshyne at 2:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My 10 week old pit eats almost everything she finds...including a turtle! REally??? What in the world did the turtle do to you??? It is too funny to come home and find what in the world did she eat today!!! Usually the wooden fence, water hose, blanket, and rocks seem to be top on her list! My almsot 1 year old corgi/chihauhaua chews on rocks and my sons plastic outdoor toys! When I buy them toys they are gone in about 5 mins...hehheh!
    giggls2hrd

Answer by giggls2hrd at 3:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2011