At my witts end

My dog peeded on my BED 2 nights in a row on my boyfriend side of the bed. He did it after I took him out to go and, he went! Do you think it was to make a statement or like a territory issue?

RedDahlia82

Asked by RedDahlia82 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pets

• Yes. Is the dog fixed? I would start kenneling the dog. I know that wouldn't fly here with any of my dogs.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:38 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Punishing a dog by putting them in a kennel is wrong. How long has this guy been your boyfriend? It may be jealousy, it may be a uti.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No he is not fixed, do you think that will make a big difference? I kennel him at night and when I go to work or leave the house.
    RedDahlia82

Comment by RedDahlia82 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have been with my BF for 16 yrs I have had Neeko for 2 yrs
    RedDahlia82

Comment by RedDahlia82 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think he's marking territory. Don't let him on the bed. I'd do whatever you have to do to be in front of him on the bed and make him get off of it with your body not your hands. Do it over and over. This is a way to claim it's yours not his. Give it a shot. You have to repeat it til he stops. Could be a million times fair warning! Good luck!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Could be who knows. I know when dh and I got engaged he got me a puppy that seemed to dislike him. I remember holding him in the car while traveling to my hometown he never once used the restroom on me even though I moved him around a lot. I handed him to my dh just long enough to grab something out of the floor board and he pissed all over dh. If dh had any of his clothes laying in the floor he would use the restroom on them as well. He never messed with anything of mine.

Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 12:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• neutering him will help but he may also see himself higher in the pack then your boyfriend. I would not allow him on the bed or any furniture any more at least until he learns his place. Make him work for everything. Don't let him go through door ways first. Have your boyfriend feed the dog. When he feeds him have the dog sit and wait until given the okay. If the dog gets up when the food is placed on the floor make him sit and the food gets picked up.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• When I first got my dog he did this ever day without fail to my boyfriend's side of the bed. I kenneled my dog while I was gone (he was kennel trained) but the only thing that stopped it was getting him fixed. Once my dog was fixed he stopped peeing on the bed. It's healthier to have them fixed anyway.
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 3:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• First, clean the area with an enzymatic cleanser. Then go over it with a blacklight and a steam cleaner to completely kill the odor. Second, get him neutered. Third, lock him out of the bedroom at night and if he is scratching or whining at the door when it's closed or if you can't lock the door, they make canned air that goes off when walked past. It will startle the dog away from the door to keep him from tearing up the dor.
    jandshyne

Answer by jandshyne at 2:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Ugh *door
    jandshyne