Stitches after pregnancy

I Finaly had my baby boy and they had to use the clapm things and i had to be stitched up. what can i do for the pain.

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Congrats!!! ask the doctor to give you some pain pills.

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Congrats!!! Yes, ask your dr for a script. in the mean time either tylenol or ibuprofen
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• The should have given you epi foam, Maybe some tucks pads... Try a sits bath, Tylenol...
    I had 28 stitches! My little guy tore me inside and out :( but, epi foam is amazing, there was also some sprey but I can't remember what it was....in reality, when they start healing, they get tighter and itch a little, that's when they hurt more!! Hang in there mama!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Spray^^
    BabyBugsmama

• Yep, I tore inside and out too, so I had lots of stitches. They sent me home with Dermoplast spray. It's a topical spray with Benzocaine in it as a light pain reliever. If you don't find it on the shelf, ask your pharmacist where it is.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2011