Did you like visitors while you were in labor?

I absolutely do not, as it turns out. I want to sit and labor in peace, not try to host others. Sigh...but by the end of the day, I will have this baby out. And in case I haven't said it before...I want her OUT. Lol!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Good Luck! I ended up kicking my MIL out for telling me it doesn't hurt that bad!
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Lol! I would have too. I am just irritated by the constant chatter and joking while I'm having contractions. I'm tempted to tell them all to get out and I will call them when the baby comes.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No one knew I was in the hospital in labor except whoever had our other kids, so I had no visitors. During labor is not an appropriate time for people to come visit IMO! GL mama.
    Anonymous

• No I didnt and I asked the nurse to keep my door shut and ask no one enter.

Answer by gemgem at 12:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• During labor? Nope. Just my husband and mother....and she didn't exactly help things for baby #2 so for baby #3 just the husband will be there. I didn't really even want visitors afterward but my husband insisted since it was the first grandchildren.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• don't even get me started.... my in-laws acted like it was a day at the carnival with loud voices and cheers. my FIL would announce every time a contraction would start. Then my MIL started to say the stupidest f**king thing ive ever heard in my life to help with my breathing. She would say, "just think, this time next year, Breathe in.... Blllllooooow out the birthday candles! Breathe in, blow out the birthday candle. This went on for some time until my mom started to say it. That was the only time i lost it during labor.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• OMG. So I'm not the only one. My mother's "friend" has to be the biggest moron to ever walk the planet, and he has asked me all sorts of biology questions. All I could think was go take a biology lesson...open a text book. There are two computers here...google it. Just. Stop. Talking.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I loved the distraction during early labor. When I hit transition, kicked them out.

Actually when I was in labor with my middle child, my mom and older sister were in the room with me and they kept doing all kinds of stupid stuff to distract me. They were doing the can-can, dancing and joking. The nurse came over and said very loudly "They don't HAVE to be here, I CAN make them leave". She gave me a very dirty look when I told her "You don't have to be here either". She was just being a snit. I thought they were just fine and they stayed. But when it was time, they quieted down and my sister left.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No, I kicked out my mil too and my 11yo neice.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I will not be having visitors during labor that's forsure. Only my boyfriend will be allowed in the room. We might not even tell anybody that were in labor, might just wait until he's born.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011