Do you think this sound reasonable?

I and due in July with a baby girl. We already have a 2 1/2 year old son who will be with his grandparents during the labor. Well when I have this baby what I want is for my husband to go out to the waiting room and get JUST our son and bring him back so we can introduce him to our new little girl alone. I want us to all spend about an hour together before we let anyone else in. Do you think that is reasonable? I know his grandparents will be upset and want to come in right away but I feel like its important for our son that he meets his little sister first and gets more comfortable with the idea of having her before anyone else comes in.

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Thats something I am going to do. My family completely understands!
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I wish my family understood things like this....its my in laws and they can be very challenging!
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i absolutely love that idea. that is a great idea and i think that you should definitely do that. the grandparents need to understand
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 12:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think it is reasonable to bring the sibling in first, and it is absolutely your choice. Personally, I probably would only take 5 or 10 mins, but I don't think asking an hour is too much.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I love this idea! I think I shall steal it :) My son will be about 2.5 when his new sibling comes along as well :) Congrats mama & GL with the inlaws
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 12:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think it is reasonable, especially considering that grandparents are so excited that they don't realize that they are taking over. My mom said that my husband was a "taylor hog" (dd is taylor) after my c/s because he wouldn't let anyone hold her until i got to. they didn't find that reasonable.... give me a break, right? Who cares, they'll get over it. Best of luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Sounds pretty reasonable to me!!!

Answer by older at 12:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• THAT is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. Stick to your guns and DO IT Mom!!! And congrats too. :)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes! That is exactly what I want as well! Totally reasonable!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Thank you ladies for all your supportive answers!!!
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2011