My almost 10 month old stopped eating solids...

She still drinks about 24 oz of formula but has lost almost all interest in solids for the past 2 almost 3 weeks. She will not eat puree's... period. I tried finger foods but she will eat a couple of bites then nothing. She'd rather feed the dog. :) She used to love yogurt, fruit, and cereal in the morning and all fruits and veggies but will not touch it anymore. They only two things she will eat consistanly is cherrio's and cheese. She will take a few bites from me at dinner but not from her grandmother or uncle who watch her while i'm at work during the day. I don't think she's losing any weight and at the last Dr's appt a week ago he said she's doing fine but i'm still worried she's not getting what she needs. Any suggestions on how to get some food in her belly??

CallmeQ

Asked by CallmeQ at 12:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I strongly believe that children know when to eat. As long as you are offering the food, that's great. My DS also ignored any kind of food at all and was strictly on formula for the longest time. Now, at 11 months, he's just recently started eating table foods. He apparently doesn't like baby food. And now he'll eat anything, LOL.
    momofana82

Answer by momofana82 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• They eat when they get hungry don't worry. Try a little less bottle sometimes they fill up on that. My daughter would rather have juice than food, I was worried too but not any more she eats when she's hungry.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter did this around the same age. She may be coming down with something or teething, or just not like the stage of foods you're offering anymore. My daughter had thrush when she did this, maybe check your babies mouth. Thrush looks like white splotchy patches. She still refuses to eat the stage 2 fruits with the cereal already mixed in!!!! She prefers her stage 3 foods and KNOWS what packing each comes in. She's 13 months now. As an above poster said she'll eat eventually just so long as you continue offering her food.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 3:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I WAS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH MY SON LAST MONTH, HE WOULDN'T EAT ANYTHING JUST A FEW BITES OF WHAT I WAS EATING AND THATS IT, HE DIDN'T WANT ANYMORE, HE WOULD NOT EAT BABY FOOD NO MORE. I WAS SO WORRIED CUZ HE WOULD ONLY LIKE TO EAT THE PUFFED STARS AND THATS IT, BUT HE WOULD STILL DRINK HE'S 36OZ OF FORMULA PER DAY. BUT NOW THIS MONTH HE EATS A LOT MORE, ONLY TABLE FOOD AND FINGER FOODS THOUGH. I THINK IT'S JUST A FACE. HE'LL GROW OUT OF IT SOON.
    VERONICACP

Answer by VERONICACP at 11:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2008