Does anyone live with or upstairs from their parents?? I do & miss my privacy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Right now we live with my mil...its a 1 family house but the upstairs is a room with a frige..so she stays there. we are downstairs. She works all the time and now i do so i hardly see her. We are doing ok. But are looking for our own place soon.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I live upstairs from my parents here in Ny the rent is cheap (750) we would pay 1400 a month arounds by me if I was somewhere else the house prices are crazy I do miss my privacy & wish I had room but I don't have a choice at the moment
    Anonymous

• I do, my sister and I bought a two level home and we share a kitchen. Our parents live with us and we hate it. They dont' respect us and they are just ignorant. They also don't pay rent because my mother can't work and my father lost his job. They act like we live with them its horrible.
    Anonymous

• me and my daughter live with my parents..its my parents' house..its a rancher with a bsaement..so they have upstairs and me and my girl live downstairs..works good for us, as im a single mom, and i need my mom to babysit while im at work..and i also dont drive, so its great cuz my moms right there to drive us to preschool and what not..soo i quite like it..i still pay rent, pay my own bills and buy my own groceries..i just have my parents there whenever i need them..as for privacy..well..i dont really need that at the moment..im sure once i start dating again i will want it..lol..but for right now its all okkkkk...lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We live with my in-laws.... I cannot wait to get our own place... hopefully in a couple months! :) It will be really great then because my husband and I are naturally loud people, like in talking and everything, and my in laws do not like loud noises. Plus we just had our son and he's starting to get louder with his cries and starting to annoy them
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My parents remodeled their basement into an apartment, with it's own entrance, kitchen, bath, and laundry facilities. My dd and I had to live there for a couple of years when she was 3 years old and it worked out well for me at the time. However, the first thing my mother told me when we moved in there was that she was NOT my babysitter. And she was right! I think now she wishes that she would've spent more time with my dd when she was little, though. She babysits my niece and nephew ALL THE TIME. (grumble!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We live with my mom and my stepdad right now, while I'm pregnant. THANK GAWD we have a place to go after my daughter is born. We're going to stay here until she's about four months old, so I can get a job and get into a comfortable schedule with her. My boyfriend is going just as crazy as me...we can't wait to move out oi.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No thank Heaven for that!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I used to live with my mil, and I HATED it! We had privacy, but only in a little 12x12 bedroom. If we opened a can of pop, she would wake up. What bothered me the most was that they thought I was kind of lazy, but she gave me nothing to do. Everyday when I woke up-at 2:30, because I worked nights, the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, EVERYTHING was done. And I got back from work at four in the morning, and I wasn't going to do laundry and stuff for her then. I mean, if a can of pop made her bitch, then what did she think a washing machine would do? She's a crazy MIL, anyway.

McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 12:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008