What works best for your family?

How do you split household and financial responsibility with your SO? How well is it working?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• he pays the bills i tend to the house..works great for us
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He works 12 hrs a day 6 days a week. I pay the bills and clean the house. We both attend every after school and sporting event and split the time required of parents for such events when possible. It works perfect for us.

Answer by gemgem at 12:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• DH earns the money, gives me the money and the house, yard, garden and everything else around here is up to me because......my DH is a long haul trucker and is only home approx 2 weekends a month. Sooo....that's just the way we HAVE to do things. I've learned an awful lot over the years though. Repaired my own dryer twice, plumbing leaks, a/c leaks, changing fuses, car battery and so on...I really feel confident about handling any problem now. I refuse to pay to have something done if i feel I can do it. I told DH that I want my own "tool belt" to wear around here, LOL. ;-)
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We both work full-time, I work first shift and he works second. I get our 4 year old ready for school and he puts her on the bus, and takes care of our 4 month old while I work so we depend on no daycare. We both do our part in cleaning the house, I take care of paying the bills using both our incomes of course and we have days off during the week and alternate weekends so that's when we do family time. But our kids are always with one of us and nobody else, works great for us.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He works full time, helps with keeping the house picked up, mows the lawn, takes out the trash. I work from home, tend to the kids, clean the house, pay the bills and everything in between. I think I'm a SuperMom, but it's so rewarding to be around my kiddos. I love that I can go see them play at their T-Ball games and take them to the park or whatever we want to do on a nice warm summer day. ;0)

Work For yourslef....not BY yourself. Learn how http://www.internetceomoms.com/tools4mom
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 12:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He earns the money. He pays almost all of the bills and I just help to remind him. Most of the time it works for us.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We both work full time I work from 5am - 2 (most days if I get up on time) he works 11am - 7:30pm (right now) he pays the bills, we split the household chores, maybe not evenly, but it works. And we pay a neighborhood kid to deal with the grass, b/c no one has time or energy to deal with it. It has worked so far and he is great if he notices I didn't get the kids laundry done, he will start it for me.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He brings the "BACON" & I cooked em' & we all eat it=)
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 1:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We have really traditional roles. He works and supports our family financially. I take care of the household repsonsibilites and the kids. It works for us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I pay the rent and my "so" pays the houshold bills, but we are both on fixed income. My oldet daughter and her two kids live with us and she pays a small amount of rent to us to help out, so it works out well for us!
    meatums

Answer by meatums at 4:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011