What has been your worst "bad hair mistake" ever?

Ok, we've all had bad hair days but what was the worst bad hair "mistake" you've ever made?

The perm you thought would help give your hair beautiful bounce?

The color you thought would make you look and feel like a brand new woman but looked like it belonged on someone else afterward?

The cut gone horribly awry?  The kind that when they spun you around in the chair to look in the mirror, you almost burst into tears?

Let's hear those scary hairy stories.....I think this is going to be entertaining.

I've had my hair fried by perms, my hair got so thin after a bad color-job that it was falling out and you could actually see my scalp through my hair for several months (I thought about suing on that one, LOL).  I remember asking "should this be burning my scalp like this?"...She said sometimes they do that...she didn't say "yes, and let's get that rinsed off right NOW". LOL.  I've had so many hair cuts gone wrong I can't even count....but the worst was when I went chin-length.  I felt like a complete GOON and it just wasn't me. I wanted to wear a cap until my hair grew out because the cap looked better!!!

So....what's your stories??mirror

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 12:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Back in the day I had a girl Mullet, my friend posted it on facebook the other day--i could have killed her, and one of her friends said I looked like David Cassidy,, omg,, to have the look complete, I had a nice curly perm in the back,, I will move to India if that style comes back,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I tried to dye my hair blonde with box die. It came up orange!!! All the salons had a great laugh and I had to spend 150.00 trying to fix it.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I tried to dye my hair a marroon color.... yeah i had to go black!
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 12:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Bleached my hair...BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! First off I looked like a cheap hooker and my hair felt like saw paper. It took more than 1 year to get it healthy again.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• cutting my own hair=)
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 12:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Allowing my grandmother (who IS a cosmetologist) to "put layers" in my hair. What I was left with can only be described as a "botched mullet".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• The first time I colored my hair myself, I didn't leave the dye in long enough (I was afraid I might damage it). My medium brown hair turned bright orange at the scalp. I had to wear hats and head wraps until it was safe to use a temporary dye over it. :-p
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i went to my regular stylist to get my hair highlighted. she did NOT specialize in color and had my hair looking like a polka dotted easter egg. a funky mess!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 2:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i had a pixie cut in high school and the stylist cut it so short you could see my scalp i was to embaressed to go anywhere the next day
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• About 3 years ago when I succumbed to my dad's pressure to get my daughter's hair cut (to get it out of her face, says him). All I did was get her bangs cut and I STILL regret doing that. Thankfully it's all grown out and then some, but I still wish I could go back and stop myself from doing that one.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011