Has anyone read the book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands?

im on chapter 2 .. and soo far its making me realize i expect way more than i should out of my dh .. and i dont really agree with some of it .. but its helping with my anger toward my husband and other things ... if you have read it ..did it help with your marriage and why?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• No but I am looking into buying it now lol.. thank you!
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 12:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• heheh ur welcome ... have you heard of it before or just from me right now as i just posted this?
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have never heard of it before but by the title of it, it sounds kind of sexist. Is it?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have read it and somethings I do agree with, but Dr. Laura can be very one-sided, and I did take some good things away from it, I don't live by it 100%
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I was sooooo against that book, until my marriage was on the rocks and i figured what the hell ill try it. Ladies, my husband went from a cold hearted sexist pig who treated me like a servant to a man who now treats me like a queen. He gets up and will straighten up the house and cook me breakfast, instead of sleeping in and bitching about everything. Im so impressed. Im really glad I tried it. My number 1 tip though- the secret to a having a husband who is willing to do anything just to please you, is to make sure you please him WELL and OFTEN if you get what I mean.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• hahah thanks for the tip auntiemom ... and yeah i agree dr laura seem a bit sexist .. but its day 1 and things have gotten better already
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011