F word

My 20 month old has picked up the F word somewhere. I do not curse around my DD and have told everyone around her also NOT to curse but she caught it anyways. She goes around saying it, clear as day. I've tried ignoring it and tried getting her to say TRUCK instead. Neither has worked. What else can I do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would ignore it and continue to say "truck" and stuff like that. When she says "truck", I would praise her. My nephew was saying GD at that age and we totally ignored him.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Are you sure it's the 'f' word? I know there are some words that my son tries to day that sound like that, but aren't. When he says "fork" it sound like the other 'f' word and in all honesty, when he stays 'truck' it sometimes sounds like that as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• She had to have gotten it from one of those people u told not to swear in front of your child. A child that age just does not come up with that word unless somebody told her it is good to say it!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Really? Someone had to vote me down for saying to praise the kid for saying correct words or ignore the swear words? What do you want me to say? Beat the child? Get real!!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i would continue to ignore him because if you make a big deal out of it then they know that mommy dosent care if he says it then he will do it all the tim oh dont laugh because then he will continue also my daughter says s*** and a** but we completly ignore her and she is 2.5 years old
    wintermommy2011

Answer by wintermommy2011 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't necessarily think it is that word. My 2 1/2 year old sounds like she is saying the f word when she is saying "back"...it could be anything.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• emmyandlisa
    I can pretty much bet the vote down on the second post where you comment on getting voted down was BECAUSE you commented on getting voted down. There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago where a couple of women (who answered anon) stated that they vote down people who comment on the fact that they were voted down. They said they do it because people need to 'get over it'.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think emmy must have a stalker, because her answer was not worthy of a vote down.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!! My son picked up the word "bitch"....it was hard to ignore, but after a few days he stopped saying it.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 4:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011