What would you do?

I have been with my SO for years and we have an almost 1 yr old together, he does everything he can for me to make sure I am happy, I have never had any doubts about him except recently I have been having feelings for somebody else. Part of me wants to be with this other man, we have so much in common and I am really attracted to him, but the other part is telling me to stay with what I've got because I don't want to lose it or hurt my SO. I thought my SO was the love of my life but why can I only think about this other man? Am I being selfish or just confused? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• My coworker was with the best guy of her life. He bought a house and told her she could live with him and not have to help pay any bills while she paid off her school loans, etc. He worshipped her. She met another guy, hooked up with him and moved out, she is pregnant, has to pay all her bills herself because the guy she is with now is not consistent. He does NOT worship her and I wouldn't say that he treats her like shit exactly but he is nothing like the first guy she was with. I'm thinking that she might be regretting it. But if you don't have the same feelings for your SO, it's totally not fair to lead him on either.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• you could be confused, but I think that if your so is not what you truely want in a man, then maybe you should think about not being tied down.
    you only live once!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Make sure it's not just lust for the new guy. Could be your relationship with SO is feeling stale.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have been in this same place before. i began seeing the other guy but I then realized i really wanted to be with my SO. I decided to leave the other guy and go back to my SO.The problem was that my SO found out about the other guy and he cant let it go. Even though my SO and i were seperated it still hurt him really bad. I would suggest that u figure out y u are having feeling for somerone else first, then try and fix whats broken at home before u make a decision that will affect your relationship forever. In the end me and my SO ended up back toghther and we are happy but he doesnt trust me at all!
    allgirlsmom31

Answer by allgirlsmom31 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence! Stay with your guy! It is normal to find other people attractive,as long as u don't act on it! Your guy sounds great and he treats u and your little girl good! Do not hurt your guy! U need to maybe take up walking or some kind of hobby to get this guy out of your life!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Y did u go anonymous?
    dancer

• Don't do it!!!! There aren't that many good guys out there and it sounds like you have one don't risk it. Let me just say this. If a hot, sexy female showed interest in your so what would you hope he'd do? What if she was very, very consistent and they had a lot in common? What if you watched it on a hidden camera he knew nothing about? How would you feel? Sometimes people play games just to see if they can get your attention and how far they can make it go to build their ego. I'm serious guys and girls both do that. It's sad but that's why people have affairs because the intruder is looking for that excitement. Not everyone is that way I'm just saying. You have a child with your so. It's a whole different ballgame. Good luck!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• yes when we live with someone we see all the faults that they have . the when we are tired and feed up with life become a mountain to over come . please do not allow yourself to get caught up with the excetment of flirting with a male . let it go . the grass is not greener on the other side . in fact it has crab weeds growning in that lovely grass . take your time . do not jump into the fire . from the frying pan..
    sugarsmom2

Answer by sugarsmom2 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• u seems 2 b not just ur self but ur SO .... hope u b true 2 urself! u seems like 2 play some dirttyy games....good luck w/ ya!
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 2:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I meant u seems 2 b fooling not just ur self but ur SO."smh"
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 2:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011