Is it just me or is this STUPID

MIL takes stepson (whom I've bought clothes for since he's been here, so why wouldn't I take care of what he needs now?) shopping to the mall and buys him 3 pairs of pajamas - two weeks before Christmas. I bought him PJs (3 pairs!) for Christmas a month and a half ago and they're wrapped and waiting! She lives with us, don't you think she should have asked us what we got him? Don't a lot of people buy their kids PJs for Christmas? Why would buy him a bunch of stuff without asking what's waiting for him right before Christmas. Oh, yeah, and she goes, "oh, here's the receipt, take them back." I have to be the one to take them back. WTF.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Holidays

• And you are complaining why??? I would be more than happy that my child has so many pj's and he will be nice and cozy this winter.
    Anonymous

• I would be a little more grateful that someone was getting gifts for him. I think your being a little insensitive. I only wish my in-laws were getting gifts for my kids. Whatever happened to, "its the thought that counts?"
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 10:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i wouldn't be complaining... i'd be counting my blessings that i had a MIL that would actually SPEND her money on pj's for my child.. my MIL doesn't let a penny leave her pocket!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i get my xmas presents from the thrift store.. i would be happy with extra NEW pjs.
    At least she is nice enough to give you the receipt!!! a lot of family doesn't do that, and we're stuck with clothes that are too small or something.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Maybe this is what she wanted to buy him, Did you let her know anything later for her to give you the reciept? If so just take them back since you are bringing it up. Plus I think you hurt her feelings.
    My opinion a chlld could not have too many pajama's...lol Just leave it alone.
    Anonymous

• if you were rude to her.. i would really consider apologizing also
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Guess I'll just unwrap the ones I got him and take them back. Just hope I remember which packages they are in.
    Anonymous

• How did you tell her? Do you not get along? Is it healthy for your family, that she lives with you?
    My mil tried controlling everything and didn't even live w/ us. I would have pulled my hair out if she did.
    lovewing

Answer by lovewing at 12:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Don't unwrap anything, let him receive all 6 pairs, have a good laugh about it and then ask him to choose with few pairs he wants to keep and then take the others back for store credit or even BETTER, give them to the needy, a neighbor who's not so firtunate or "regift" them lol!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• A kid can't have too many pairs of pj's in my opinion, especially in the winter! My son actually is thrilled to get pj's as a gift! I would just let it go. If she had gone out and bought a big gift for him that she knew you already bought, then I would be upset. (My MIL has done that to me) I personally don't think it's worth a fight right before the holidays (or anytime) over pj's.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2008