when can she play in her exersaucer???

my dd is 7 weeks and when shes awake shes only content if i hold her like shes standing or sit her in my lap and play....if i lay her down or even lay her in my arms she cries. she wants to be held nonstop when shes awake....which i dont mind but i dont even have time to cook or do anything. i have a carrier but she gets over it in like 5 mins or less.

my question is how old does a baby have to be before they can play in an exersaucer?i have one for her and cant wait to try it out bc i think she'll like it since she'd be in the standing position but i dont want to try it too soon. ive asked a couple friends and get different answers

someone told me i should ask her pedi before i try to put her in it.

another told me wait till she's at least 6 months,which i thought she would be ready before then right?

doosti

Asked by doosti at 10:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if they can hold their head up on their own and reach the ground with their feet, ur fine.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think that once they can hold their head up then can start sitting in them for short periods of time, but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Call your doctors office or maybe even look for the recommended age in either the instructions or on the company's web site.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• when she is able to hold her head up,
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i looked at the evenflo website for thier recommened age for exersaucers and it just say newborn to 24 months
    doosti

Answer by doosti at 10:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• When he can hold up her head and shoulders. I started putting my son in his bouncer at about ten weeks because he was VERY sturdy.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I got my son one and i kept trying him in it and he didn't like it until he could actually hold his own head up. when he started holding his head up, he loved it!
    so just keep putting her in it for a few minutes at a time everyday and eventually she won't cry to get out, she'll cry to get in =]
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my daughter didnt start using her til she was about 3..maybe even 4 months..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• She has to have good, solid head control first. You can wedge her body in with towels or small pillows if she can't support her trunk but she must have good head control.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• When your baby looks comfortable, happy and safe in it then go for it! But don't leave baby in it too long...your DD may just emotionally need that extra time with you right now (as much as YOU may not "need" it, lol!)

In addition to or instead of the exersaucer try a wrap ~ my DD is SOOOO much less fussy now that we use the Moby wrap. We're hands free but she's still getting her cuddle time. Her 2nd fav is her vibrating bouncer, she LOVES it! It was the 1st thing we could get her to sleep in other than being held.
    Sarena83

Answer by Sarena83 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• you should wait till she can hold her head up...my DD was 5mo when we started putting her in an exosaucer. you should try a bouncy seat. they dont require your baby to hold her head up, but it still has toys that dangle in front of her. my DD is VERY active but she loved it.
    i dont know what its like to have a baby that wants to be held...my DD never liked me to hold her for too long...consider yourself lucky! :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008