• In the Spotlight:

choosing the sex of your baby?

does anyone else think this is wrong? I cannot put into words why i think this.... but i do have a reason....... can you put words in my mouth please? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• what?
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It is wrong because babies are gifts from God. HE chooses the sex of the baby. We have no right playing God. We should be happy and thankful for the child he sees fit to give us. That's MY opinion though..
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i agree. Why would you choose the sex of your baby?- to make your family happy? Why would you want to change what is meant to be?- anyone feel free to disagree...
    Anonymous

• im lost, u can chose the sex of ur baby? how does that work?
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• There's some new stupid thing scientists can do to choose the sex of the baby. We are all female at one point and it takes a hormone I think to cause the penis and testicles to descend from the abdomen. If the hormone is denied then the baby will be a girl, if it's introduced at the right time then it'll be a boy.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i too also think its wrong..whatever we end up with is what was "meant to be" i dont think its right that we can have the option to choose..i also think its wrong becuz i know theres places in india and china and wherever else, that will only choose boys because some of them have beliefs that if they have girls they will have an abortion..SOO WRRRRONG!!! i also dont believe in finding out the sex of your baby while pregnant, it should be a suprise..if we were supposed to know woman would have a window in our tummies to see
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think its completely wrong. The sex of ur baby is determined my nature and thats how it should be..not because WE WANT it to be a boy or a girl. Seriously! Wouldnt you just be a happy to have a healthy child boy or girl? I REALLY wanted a boy..badly..and so didnt my family..But we believed that if it was meant to have a girl then we would be excited and happy either way..because we would get what was meant for us!!

THey are also figuring out ways to alter genes to make "designer babies", so they can be smarter, or more athletic..and such..I dont know how..but its sick..we should NOT be messing with genetics!!!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Wow, that's wierd...what if they mess it up and the kid grow up with half girl/half boy parts??? (I can't remember the name of that). But IMO man shouldn't mess with what God created.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• shrmldndo, it's the hermaphrodite! Freaky stuff. Yes, babies are from God and not for us to mess with.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think the Good Lord knows which child is the right one for each parent. I can't count how many people I know who were SURE they wanted a girl until they had a boy, or visa versa. Leave that decision up to the Big Guy, He knows best.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 3:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2008