Did you try...

nipple stimulation and did it work?

They want to induce me and I DONT want it.

Oh and how did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Induction? Heck it's awesome..Why not? Nipple stimulation does the SAME thing..It causes hard contractions too. But it'ss a lot more time consuming.
    Anonymous

• I don't recall nipple stimulation working. sorry. Don't get induced if it's not medically necessary!! good luck
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Basically you pinch/rub the areola in the same manner as baby would nurse, use a breast pump, or go for the two-fer and have DH suck on them while having sex. I would at least speak to a midwife or doctor before trying it though, I've heard it can bring on intense contractions. Good luck!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Tried it, didn't work for me. Don't let them induce you until you're ready, though. You by no means HAVE to be induced by a certain time, and certainly not if that time is before 42 weeks. I was induced at 40 weeks 4 days, by my own request, (I just knew something was wrong, and it was, my placenta was just barely functioning anymore, doc figured that my due date was off by at least a week), but that was a nightmare. Horrible, long labor, that ultimately failed and I ended up with a c-section. They tell you that you need to worry about placental insufficiency after a certain point, which is true, but I have not met ONE mother who had that, who didn't have the same as me, we KNEW there was something wrong, we KNEW that the baby needed to come out. If you're comfortable with continuing on without being induced, don't get induced. Baby will come when he's ready, and otherwise, you'll know when the time is.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• What was the reason given for being induced? I have heard of so many bad stories from that. I was given petosin(sp?). It was awful. Horrible pain and yet it didn't dialate me. It does work for others.
    lovewing

Answer by lovewing at 11:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Go with your gutt and listen to your body. You have the answers.
    mom050607

Answer by mom050607 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008