My seven yr old girl is verry rude to me and acts like she bosses me

when I make her go to her room she will throw things at the walls and scream like if someone is hurting her. when the only thing that has been asked of her is to go to her room and not turn the tv on what do you think I should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe she is spoiled. she does have a TV in her room, and is only 7 yrs old.

Stick to your guns with rules and what not, make sure she knows who is boss.
    Anonymous

• take away all of her toys so she doesn't have anything to throw or just make her kneel in the corner-or if you spank, give her a spanking and then put her in the corner.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• A tv in her room at age 7?? Are you kidding me? I didn't have a tv in my room til I was 27!! Take that thing out of there. She doesn't need it in there. I would NOT allow her to kick the walls. That is not only disrespectful to you, but is considered criminal damage to property. Come on, MOM! Be her mother and not so much her friend right now and tell her she WILL mind you and she WILL NOT kick and scream like that. This child is OUT OF CONTROL!! Keep doing things the same way, she will too and before you know it she will be 17 and put her foot through the wall or worse, through your head!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• when she act that way take t.v. out her room for a 3 days and tv time with the family that what we do
    sweetpea292

Answer by sweetpea292 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• it's what she see on tv....have you every really watched Hannah Montana and heard how rudely she talks to her dad...same with other Disney shows. I reduced our cable to the basics. It's worth not having the extra channels for me, for having the peace in her mind and in our relationship. I DON'T GET A REDO in raising her. It's also the rude talk at lunch recess and with her friends. and where do they get it from, I'm guessing TV. We play board games together and play freerice.com and other productive things with our time together. I general I feel that kids today are really out of touch about how to have one to one conversations !!!
    LauraPPL

Answer by LauraPPL at 5:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Take away her favorite things. And tell her is no allowed to do things she loves until is behaves! My daughter watches education tV programs carttoons once in a while. She has behaved better since stop with Disney. We watch all the Christmas movies, my daughter also points bad things on TV she is only 5!

Skippytrini

Answer by Skippytrini at 9:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Take all fun things from her room and only give them back a bit at a time as her behavior improves. She will only do this crap as long as she thinks she has the upper hand. I would also tell her a time limit when she is sent to her room say 7 mins...and if she screams or throws things the time gets longer. You are the parent and she is the child it is her job to push the envelope and your job to set the limits. I would also agree with the other moms...she has no business having a t.v. in her room...in is unnecessary at her age and she should not be watching that much t.v. Time with you is most likey what she needs and would enjoy most.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008