Need some suggestions

I need some suggestions on how to transition my daughter from her crib to a toddler bed...I tried it today and she just didnt like it....She might be in a bad mood today because she's sitting in her crib screaming and that hardly ever happens at naptime...I dont know where to start...I dont wanna mess things up by putting her in the bed and because she freaks out I turn right around, comfort her and then put her in her crib....I dont remember having these problems with my boys but I think they were ready considering they tried to climb out all the time.

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 1:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Boys and girls r different. How old is your little girl?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Did your crib come with a conversation bar, I never got my kids toddler beds, my daughter went straight from crib to full size mattress, my son just now 2 and his crib is a convertible to a toddler bed, so we just converted it and he was fine, so you might see if the crib is a convertible she might be better with that
    FLBMommy

Answer by FLBMommy at 2:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Hmmm....I'm not sure, my 3 year old didn't have any problems other then getting up and playing when it was bedtime.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My daughter turned 2 in April
    armywife2bnm

Comment by armywife2bnm (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• some kids just take longer. It might be hard and first but eventually she'll sleep just fine her new bed!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• If she HATES the bed.. id just leave her in the crib for a little longer. When she starts being more fond of the bed the transition will go a lot more smooth.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• When we transitioned Allie to the toddler bed we took her to the store and let her pick out a new "big girl" bed set set. She loved the new set so much she couldn't wait to sleep in her new bed. Does she have a teddy bear or blankie that she loves? Maybe make a big deal of her putting it in her big girl bed.
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• When I transitioned my children, I just took the crib down so there was no going back. They didn't seem to mind.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• And I forgot to add that I transitioned my kids when they turned a year old.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I'm not the one to ask, mine slept alone in her crib just fine til she was 4, then we transitioned into a bed, and now she sleeps with us. She hates the bed. Never had this happen with any of the others.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2011