Need some suggestions

I need some suggestions on how to transition my daughter from her crib to a toddler bed...I tried it today and she just didnt like it....She might be in a bad mood today because she's sitting in her crib screaming and that hardly ever happens at naptime...I dont know where to start...I dont wanna mess things up by putting her in the bed and because she freaks out I turn right around, comfort her and then put her in her crib....I dont remember having these problems with my boys but I think they were ready considering they tried to climb out all the time.

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 1:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would have both set up in the room for a few weeks. Let Dd play and relax in her big girl bed so she becomes more comfortable w it. I'm about to try to transition my daughter to a toddler bed too... I hope it all goes well.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i agree have both and ask if she wants to sleep in the big girl bed let her choose
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i have to admitt with my 3 kids i had no problems moving my kids out of baby beds to big kid beds, i would leave the toddler bed and baby bed let climb around get fimilar with the big girl bed, Can i ask why are you moving her? is she climbing out of the baby bed?? I had to move my youngest one out of her baby bed because she climbed out of it and fell to the floor one night so i moved her that night, hope she begins to like her new bed!!
    carol00

Answer by carol00 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011