Ice cream cake frosting?

can anyone tell me how and what to t, make it . know about the form but the frosting?

sugarsmom2

Asked by sugarsmom2 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Whipped cream. Buy heavy whipping cream, and whip it, then frost the cake with it. I've never seen an ice cream cake with actual frosting. But if you want frosting, then google buttercream recipes.
    Anonymous

• usually it is whipped cream for the base and them regular piping frosting for the decor...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I would probably just do the whipped cream. It seems like it would go the best with ice cream.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My husband bought me an ice cream cake for my birthday. It was covered in chocolate fudge ganache. It was very good.

My cake was the Midnight Delight: http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/cakes/signature_cakes.html

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• well the grandchildren like the dairy queen ice cream cakes they seem to have a type of frosting . but it is firm not ice creamy . and you can not see the cake form of ice creams in the layers ... thank you all .
    sugarsmom2

Comment by sugarsmom2 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011