How the hell do you keep those palm plants alive??

I have 2 palms, one I named Ted after my BFF's dad who died, it was a plant that was given to them and it was too big for their house so they gave it to me. Another was given to me by my FIL. I CANNOT keep these things alive. What am I doing wrong? I water them 1ce or 2ce a week and they're not in direct sunlight, I read that's what you're supposed to do.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• are you watering too much? i only water mine once, and they don't stand in water. i have them in the breakfast room, where they get a lot of indirect sunlight..doing great!
    when was the last time they were replanted, in a bigger pot? they may be root-bound, and need more space/fresh soil. are the leaves turning yellow? if so, too much water.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I was thinking you may need to replant them in a bigger pot.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think that may be the problem. Big plant, small pot. The leaves are just turning brown and dry, but I do only water them like 1ce/week. Is that too little?
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Jun. 6, 2011