Can you really make decent money with Melaleuca, enough to make a living?

I am thinking about joining Melaleuca, because I have come to the conclusion that there is NO way I am getting a job outside of the house. I have contacted EVERYONE I know, and nobody is available to watch my kids, ever! I found a job, but it only pays $7.85 an hour, which is fine, so I looked into daycares, I found the cheapest daycare is $35 a day for both of my kids, that is AWESOME here, most daycares charge that much just for ONE child a day! Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, I went to childcare connections, its a place that helps with funding for childcare, well, I need to be working 20 hours a week in order to qualify, my job is only offering 15-20 ad thats not even guarenteed!  At $7.85 an hour, after taxes, at 15 hours a week, I'll only be making appx. $110 a week.  I calculated my daycare costs for a week, for 4 days at $140!!!!!  I'll actually come up $30 short to even pay the provider.  So basically I'm screwed when it comes to a job, because even if I get a decent job with plenty of hours, the waiting list for childcare connections is 8-10 months (She said around spring of next year)!!!!! So I NEED a home business, and Melaleuca seems like the one everyone talks about, and how many people make a good living, I just wanted to hear it from those of you who work with melaleuca, (No figures required) how well are you doing with Melaleuca?

Other questions: How hard is it to do this business without the internet?

When you make money, does it usually go back into your monthly products?

How can you make money when you purchase the products?

Thanks in advance!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• good luckI would love to speak to you about what I do. I have seen a lot of negative things about Melalucca. I don't like to bash other companies unless I have first hand experience with them. The home business I have I make 50% on everything I sell. Plus a commission from my team which is paid from corporate (not out of anyone's profits) Plus there is an amazing car program. If you are interested, message me for info. My team is offering a rebate on the starter kit as well 6/1-6/15. The other place to look is on the CM marketplace...there are a lot of WAHM Groups. Good Luck!! I hope you find what you are looking for and I hope to hear from you!!

mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• LOL anyone who knows me knows I HATE Melaleuca. They don't disclose ingredients on many of their products because their claims of being all natural and chemical free are BOGUS, they contain the chemicals they claim they don't. And well, you have to spend way too much a month yourself and hound everyone you know to try to convince them to do the same.

Yes i'm with another direct selling company and let me tell you from personal experience with 6 companies. You will NOT earn a living with them for awhile. It could be 6 months a year, a few years or never. You have to really know your stuff. You have to advertise and market not only the products but you need to brand yourself. And that takes additional money or ingenuity to do it cheaply...there are ways, like wearing a t-shirt around town made from vista print, etc. But unless you know lots of people ready to start spending it will be slow and take time!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Melaleuca was horrible for me. I found no one that wanted their stuff. You have to buy so many dollars worth of their product every month to work for them and I never found a single product I liked. So, I wasted a lot of money and didn't get a single sell or get anyone to sign up to be a seller under me. They bug you constantly, too. Phone call after phone call. It drove me crazy and the most I made was about $2 from them in the 5 months I worked for them. It wasn't worth it. I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but I don't want you making the same mistake I did.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes, you can honestly make a great living with Melaleuca. You can absolutely build a business without internet, most people build their business that way. You just need to find a local person who can help/mentor you. Mela truly is about helping people reach their goals. Some people don't know what Mela is all about, they think they do but they don't. People think we sell the products. We don't sell products at all. I've never sold one product to anyone. I definitely think it's worth looking into. If you don't like it, you can cancel and get your money back.

It may not be for everyone, but neither is Chinese Food. You won't know until you try it.
    Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i hated it! its to much money i didnt have the time with 3 kids! and i can make my own cleaners and soap for half the price!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I am an Independent Rep. I don't have a product inventory to make money. No product inventory is required. Check out my site FHTM.com/JenniferSalazar & you will see why/how. Contact me if you are interested, training is provided online & we would team together & help you set up business. 1northwestmom
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 4:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• So here is a question I would ask you.....do you buy the product? Are you passionate aout the product and the company? When I started in direct sales, these were two questions I asked myself. I don't have anything negative to say since I have never personally tried their product...however, people I know that sell it, are not very successful. My intention isn't to try to sway you to do what I do but I will tell you that I sell what everyone needs...food. I am a Team Mentor with Tastefully Simple, have a team of 67 amazing successful women, and I have been doing this for 3 1/2 yrs....BUT....I am super passionate about everything TS stands for and THAT and the grace is God, is why I am successful. So just be passionate about whatever you chose...and if perhaps M isn't the right fit for you and you want more info about Tatefully Simple, I would be happy to share.

Best of luck....
    Cara
    www.tastefullysimple.com/web/chayden1
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 5:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• ANOTHER MELA QUESTION:
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• sorry...
    Ok so Mela...Here is the deal I did it for 2 1/2 yrs. I NEVER made enough money to live decently...you said you would make 110.00 after taxes..times 4 weeks a month is MORE THAN I EVER SAW.
    Right now they are running their 1.00 special, that is ONLY for the membership and then you need about 65-300.00 for product.
    Its a lot of work, and everything everyone her is saying is tru.e
    So Yes it can be done without Internet,,,but its difficult anyway
    You're required to buy a minimum of 35 points a month which amounts to 65.00
    The MOST you can make off any ONE "sale " is 50.00 and that is if that customer buys a Career pack for 300.
    Those who do well and make a real living have been in it years,...I had someone one time tell me very honestly it takes about 3 yrs minimum to make Senior Director (about 45K a yr)
    I left for my company I do now.. I do Prepaid Legal Services Im giving the kit away..Msg me PT work FT incom
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• They don't disclose ingredients on many of their products because their claims of being all natural and chemical free are BOGUS

***********

The actual company makes no claims that they are natural or chemical free. Some reps do, but when I was involved w/Mela (over 2 years) when someone would say this other reps would be quick to correct them.

I was with them for over 2 years and never enrolled a soul. I advertised all over the place online and spent a lot of time and effort on it, but never got anyone to sign up. IMO... if you're looking into doing something like that I'd pick Shaklee over Mela. No monthly purchases required, their products are better, and they've been around longer. Also easier to sell.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 11:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011