Am concerned that my niece may be a bully - she is 8 yrs. old. it's subtle, so I'm not sure - I'm wondering what tools can use or give her

adellinda

Asked by adellinda at 2:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What makes you think shes a bully?
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• What does she do that makes u think she is a bully?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Another Mom said she thought my niece bullied her daughter - but didn't want to say anything to my sister - her Mom. I don't want tosay anything until I have more of an idea. My niece is a leader - & wants to control things. she teases her older brother - repeatedly.
    adellinda

Comment by adellinda (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Hmmm! Sounds like a bully to me!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• This other mom needs to tell your nieces mom not u!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Oldest kids can be bossy, I think that I would let this go until you witness it yourself,, sometimes stronger children can "lead" children around by their noses, but it doesn't sound like from what you describe she is a bully. I would talk to my sister about what the mother told you,, in a nice way, but I think she is just a strong girl.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Well the first thing that needs to be done is that her mom needs to know. Her mom will never be able to help her or talk to her, or correct the situation if she doesnt know about it. Perhaps there is an issue between this other girl and your niece.. and thats why there was conflict between the two? I think her mom needs to have all of the information behind the "bullying" before it can be corrected. I dont this is the case with everyone, but some mothers are overprotective, and use the term "bully" a little too loosely. So until there is more info about the incident I would let it go.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• The other mom needs to suck it up and tell your sister
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 1:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I would tell her to just talk to your sister about it. Or if you are not comfortable doing that, tell your sister yourself.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:59 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I'd talk to your sister about it. If she wants to confront the other parent, that is her choice.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2011