What to get? Giant stuffed bear or bean bag chairs?

What do you think? I'm thinking about getting a giant 3-4 feet tall stuffed bear for my son's birthday. He'll be 2 years old. I know he'll LOVE it for now. He's goes crazy over his cousin's big animals (jumping on them, snuggling and trying to drag them everywhere, etc). BUT these things are expensive, and I'm just wondering if he'll still be into it for many more years or should I just get a couple (cheaper) bean bag chairs that he can still jump/sit on for at least another 5-6 years? The bear will have a great WOW factor, but if he's gonna get bored with it in 2 years, I'd rather save the money for something else.

Thanks for the advice!

Sebbiemama

Asked by Sebbiemama at 2:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure if it varies by location, but I was just in Costco yesterday and the have 53" high teddy bears on sale for $29.99. It's a great deal for the size. That thing is nearly as tall as I am. I would do that for a 2 year old and save the bean bag idea for an older child.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I would go with the bear. I had a huge rabbit when I was a kid, and she was handed down to my kids who loved her too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Oooh I'll have to check out Costco - thanks for the tip!
    Sebbiemama

Comment by Sebbiemama (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011