Whats your business?

How much does it cost to start?

Are there any monthly or hidden fees?

What do you do in this business?

How long does it take to make enough money that you don't have to work outside of the home?

Add anything about your usiness you feel like!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I run a web and graphic design business. To start it I only needed to purchase my own domain and secure web hosting (domain is $10 a year, hosting is $3 a month). I design other people's websites for them, burn a copy of their site to a CD and mail it to them and upload it for them. Hidden costs would be the CDs and shipping, but that's only a few dollars per site. My other business is creating teaching printables. I use a program called paint shop pro and really my only investment is time. I create these and sell them digitally from my own website.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• How much does it cost to start? $150 but you can earn your kit

Are there any monthly or hidden fees? we have quartly fees for the website but it is not necessary to have one and it is $24.00

What do you do in this business? I am an Independent contractor for Dove Chocolate Discovries. We sell all kinds of chocolate snacks, drinks, novelties, tempering kit to make your own candies and items for baking.

How long does it take to make enough money that you don't have to work outside of the home? That depends. I just started but it all depends on you. I am working to pay off my student loans but it isn't hard to sell at all. It's chocolate lol. You could make anywhere from $200-$1000 in one month

Add anything about your usiness you feel like! I really like it. I dont' feel like i have to hold a party or feel pressured to sell. Just inviting someone over for a Chocolate Martini is enough
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com/jessicatemple

jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I bake cakes for friends and family. It depends on what they want and I usually work it out with them on the price. I went to culinary college and afterwards people just started asking me to make they're kids cakes and they will pay me to do it!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• oh that is so cool moma I was looking at the dove site and they have that tempering kit to make your own candies and thought about getting it to start doing something like that it would be fun.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Hi, I think this is a great post, good questions.
    I am an Independent Rep. for FHTM. I do my business online through social networks, free advertising, a virtual store, & free websites, I also network at the places I go if it comes up, & it does since my site offers almost everything.
    Start up cost is $200, monthly $100 (I also figured out that if I renew my Verizon account through my own business & internet services, I only pay $24.99 a month for my website instead of $100)
    It would take you less then three months to let your day job go.
    FHTM is ten years old & remains debt free, this company is growing fast for so many reasons. The price of fuel, the way people shop is starting to shift, & more. I researched this throughly as I have seen way to many scams.
    I documented everything I have learned & will support & teach, I think based on your post I would definitely like to have you on my team, the bigger the team the better
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 4:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• 1. 2 choices....As little as $56 for first 3 months ($170 kit) OR $89 one time for smaller kit. BUT sign on incentive going on now where is you meet a goal you earn $100 in visa gift cards...FREE?

2. No hidden fees but if you want your own website it's $10.95/month. Optional, but well worth it...you can always decide later to see if it works for you. Only other fee is optional also...if you want to accept CC's...this is $29 per year. Very minimal and again, optional.

3. Tastefully Simple Consultant. We are a direct sales co and we sell delicious dips, marinades and baked goods. Have you ever heard of us? Www.tastefullysimple.com

4. This answer is totally up to you. I average 2 to 3 parties a week and make an average of $150-200 per party...even more sometimes and I only work 2 hrs/night. The parties are a blast!! I would live to message you all the info. No room here :-)

Please feel to msg me!

Cara Hayden
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 5:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I am a rep with Scent Sations. We offer gourmet candles, mineral make up and anti aging skin care.
    How much does it cost to start? Ranges in price from $49.95 to $899.00 depending on the starter kit you would pick

Are there any monthly or hidden fees? We have a monthly autoship of $39.95 and no sales quotas to meet

What do you do in this business? I primarily teach new team members how to be successful in their business and I also do one on one sales and vendor shows.

How long does it take to make enough money that you don't have to work outside of the home? This depends on you and what kind of income you are replacing.
    Any other questions please feel free to send me a message
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Whats your business?
    I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

How much does it cost to start?
    I had all of the tools that I needed, other than business cards.

Are there any monthly or hidden fees?
    No, why would there be?

What do you do in this business?
    Accounting, setting up filing systems, medical billing, marketing; write resumes and cover letters; mock job interviews; not to mention, selling my services

I started my business because I was unemployed. It took me about 14 months to have a steady, comfortable income.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I am a rep for MoneyLogic. It is a great company and yes, you can make a living from home. It does take some time before you actually build your business, but we help you build it. You are in business for yourself but not by yourself. We offer services that everyone needs. We don't have to bug others to buy stuff that they really dont need or cant afford. Our business helps them financially, so it is a win, win situation. It costs 49.90 a month and that is for your websites and office and also all of their services. Which include debt relief, counseling, an amazing tax free retirement plan, online shopping with cash back and much more. Here is the sites if you want to take a look at them. Good luck.

take a look at the services we offer..... www.15708640118.info

take a look at the business itself.......... www.15708640118.com
    RMott

Answer by RMott at 10:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2011