When you clean a hat in your dishwasher, what soap do you use?

I'm thinking dish detergent might bleach the hat which is black. But I don't know if I can use laundry soap in the dishwasher.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 3:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No laundry soap, are you talking about a baseball cap? They make a cage thing to put them in and you can wash them in the regular washer,,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It's actually a visor, but it's about the same. I can't find a cage which is why I want to do it in the dishwasher. I have found both ways (with dish soap and with laundry soap) online so I'm looking for those who have actually done it.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I put laundry soap in the diswasher once, and it bubbled out everywhere,, I think run it without soap at all, if it is black, and as hot as the water gets it will probably get clean,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Thanks, kimigogo. (c: It's actually my daughter's work visor, so I don't want to leave bleach spots on it.
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2011