What cheap car seat would you reccommend?

I'm going to visit my family for 2 weeks this summer and want to buy 2 car seats to be shipped to my family's house so they can pick us up at the airport. I also want to be able to use these for a few years when I come to visit. I want to spend under 100 dollars on each seat. I have a 3.5 year old who is about 35 lbs and 3 feet tall and a 2 year old who is about 22 lbs and 30 inches.

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 3:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I got the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. It is a little higher than what you wanted...$140 on Walmart.com but it will hold them in a 5 pt harness up to 65 lbs and will then transfer to a high back booster to 100 lbs or a low back booster.

We love ours
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It may be cheaper to check the car seats you have onto the plane after buying new ones and shipping... I don't know, it just seems that way...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• OR do a walmart site to store purchase if you have to do that... then there is no shipping...
    But_Mommie

• if they are both forward facing I would go with a Evenflo Maestro for each of them... which you can find around $80... the seats should last a long time... they harness to 50 lbs have high harness heights and then convert to a really good booster.
    If your very tiny 2 year old is still rear facing (I hope) then I would go with a cosco scenera.... RF and FF to 40 lbs... and costs only $40.... it would last a couple of years I think with such a tiny 2 year old.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2011